Now that was sure an adventure and a half. First of all, it is so hard waking up a sleeping baby. We had to wake up at 3:30a so that we could leave at 4:15a and get to the airport on time. We got checked in and then had to go through security. They made me take almost everything out of the diaper bag and stroller to either test it or put it through the scanner. Then I had the daunting task of putting everything back into the bags while juggling the baby. That was very interesting.
Next thing was getting on the plane and surviving the flight. We had to gate check the stroller. That was uneventful. I then had to carry the baby, the diaper bag, and my bag. They put us in the back of the plane and at least we were able to board early. I was able to keep him pretty occupied during the flight and he even napped a little. He only got restless during the last 45 minutes or so.
Finally, he is still trying to get used to the two hour time difference. He is stuck on Eastern time so he wants to go to sleep two hours earlier and wake up at 5:30-6 but he will adjust. All in all, it really isn't too bad. I definitely don't want to do it too much on my own. We have to just survive the trip home. I am hoping it goes just as well. The best thing is that we leave at 1:30p.
8.21.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Oh dear! Sounds like an adventure. When I travel, I put all her questionable baby stuff (food, diaper cream, meds) in a big ziploc and pull it out at security. The stroller is a pain, no matter what. At least the trip gets a lot better after you get through that hurdle! Enjoy your trip!
ReplyDeleteCongrats for traveling with a baby....we have an 11 month old and are contemplating taking her on a vacation this coming spring. Not too sure about that though!
ReplyDelete